As a community member committed to the well-being of the Watershed, you can be an advocate for the protection and preservation of the Watershed and be proactive on matters that are important to the Watershed.
Here are some BCWS best practices to share with others.
Please do not:
- Disturb or remove any fish, wildlife or native habitat within the Brooklyn Creek area.
- Litter or dump garbage, invasive plants, weeds, yard waste or sewage in the Watershed.
- Dump chemicals (including pool or hot tub water) of any kind into Brooklyn Creek or municipal storm drains.
- Disturb or remove any boulders, gravel or woody debris within Brooklyn Creek.
- Dig or drive bikes or vehicles in Brooklyn Creek or alter its course and water flow.
- Pick up litter or garbage and place into a proper garbage container.
- Ensure that garden plants and weeds cannot grow near or be introduced into the Watershed.
- Report any chemical dumps or spills in the Watershed by calling The Department of Fisheries and Oceans Observe, Report Hotline: 1-800-465-4336